Another birthday been and gone. They get less and less exciting as you get older don’t you think? Especially when you have to work ALL DANG DAY on your birthday… May as well just skip the whole bloody thing.
Guess I can’t really complain, I’m finally working a job that I genuinely enjoy, and it’s putting my degree to good use so I suppooossee that’s as good a birthday gift as any. I’m still bitter though. Take me back to the days of having a wild party in the McDonald’s play area and stuffing a chicken nugget Happy Meal down my pie hole. Classic.
Seeing as my birthday fell on a work day, more specifically a Monday (the international worst day of the week), we decided to go and spend the night in Toronto that weekend for a mini getaway/early birthday celebration (aka eat our way around Toronto).
First stop was Little India; one of my favourite restaurants in the entire world (on Queen Street W if you were wondering). If you love Indian food (or even if you don’t to be honest) you NEED to go here. Their chicken korma is TOO. DIE. FOR. And their onion bahjis. And their naan bread. The whole menu. Eat it all. You won’t regret it. The service is wonderful as well, the people are so nice. AND it’s affordable. A starter, 2 mains, a basket of naan bread, and a pot of rice for $50. Wut. I feel like a criminal…
Anyway, my food excursions were not the point of this post, the point was to share some facts about myself so you can get to know me a little bit more (BUT if you would like I will do an eat your way around Toronto post next time I go there so I can let you in on all the sweet spots…). Right now you probably think of me as some food-loving, crazy cat lady. Which, albeit very accurate, is not as deep as who I am goes. So I’m here to give you 23 random facts about myself for the 23 years I have inhabited this planet we call earth.
- I HATE tomatoes. The devil’s fruit. I will probably eat about 95% of the food that is put in front of me, but as soon as there are tomatoes in there, it may as well be thrown in the trash. And people that eat tomatoes like apples? If I had the authority to send them to a mental institution I would. Rank.
- I moved to Canada from England when I was 13 years old, so almost 10 years ago now. Almost a decade… Mind blowing. Even to this day I sometimes still feel like a foreigner.
- I have never died my hair. Ever. I got like 2 streaks of highlight in my hair in Grade 7, and lightened the ends of my hair about 3 years ago, but that’s it. The hair colour growing from my head is as natural as the day I was born.
- I became a National Bronze Medalist in wrestling in 2012. Still one of my proudest moments.
- I no longer have my appendix. Got that bad boy removed back in 2007. I can honestly say that was the worst pain I have ever been in in my life. Those who have also have appendicitis will understand my suffering.
- I don’t have a middle name. Nope, I’m not just saying that because I’m embarrassed about my middle name, I genuinely don’t have one. Just plain ol’ Louise Ward. Who even uses their middle name anyway?
- I’m a 23 year old grandma. I go to bed every night (usually) around 9:30-10pm. Listen, I have to get up at 6am everyday for work and don’t get home until 7pm, I need my sleep ya hear?!
- I battled with disordered eating for most of my teenage years. I sometimes still struggle with it to this day. Guess that’s what comes with having to weigh yourself every day for wrestling to stay in your weight class. Those times were rough.
- I would be lost in the middle of nowhere right now if it wasn’t for the “Maps” app on my phone. Seriously. My sense of direction is GARBAGE. I can go the same route 3-4 times and still have to put the maps on to make sure I go the right way.
- I went to University for Kinesiology. It was HARD. I graduated with Honours. Also a very proud moment in my life.
- I have ran 2 half-Marathons and finished both in under 2 hours (one around 1 hr 50min, and the other around 1 hr 35 min). If you ever hear of me deciding I want to train for another one, please stop me. That ish is time consuming.
- Despite being born and living in England for 13 years of my life, I get asked if I’m Australian at least once a day. My Northern English accent throws people off I guess? THERE IS MORE TO ENGLAND THAN THE SOUTHERN LONDON ACCENT!
- My cat’s name is Henry. As in King Henry. Because he is a king. However, unlike King Henry, my Henry is not an asshole… most of the time.
- Sometimes I wish I pursued a more artistic education. I love photography and videography, and I wish I had more knowledge on the subject.
- If it wasn’t for the gym, I likely would be on some kind of medication for my mental health. Not being dramatic in the slightest. The gym is my outlet. My life would be very dark without it.
- My biggest dream is to be able to just pack up my life and travel the world for a living. I have so many places I’d like to see on my bucket list that I feel as though this would be the easiest way to get to them all. Someone pls pay me to do this.
- I find blogging very therapeutic. Regardless of how many people my posts reach, I love using my blog as a way to connect with people by sharing my wide array of posts.
- I also find cooking very relaxing. I take great pride in creating a tasty meal or snack for myself and my family. I hope to continue to improve so I can share them with you as I grow (to see what I have so far click here).
- One of my biggest pet peeves is people WHO DON’T INDICATE when they’re turning/merging lanes/pulling over. IT’S SO EASY TO DO!! Just flick the damn stick on the side of your wheel people. It’s simple.
- Kids freak me out. The thought of bringing a child into the world at this point in my life seems like such a horrific concept. That thing is completely dependant on you for YEARS. No thanks. I’ll stick with my cat-child, at least I don’t have to wipe his butt when he poops.
- I think I must have the tiniest bladder in the entire world. My friends and family will all agree. I have to go to the bathroom an obscene amount. It’s quite frustrating at times.
- I’m very hard on myself and my self doubt is very high. My wrestling coach used to say this was my biggest limiting factor throughout my wrestling career. I’m working on it.
- I am happy to be alive, and very fortunate to live the life I do. Each day I take time to remind myself of that, regardless of how my day has gone. I’m surrounded by great people, I’m healthy, and I have everything that I need. 🙂
Had to finish it with a sappy one. What kind of “facts about me” would this be without some sap?
I hope you enjoyed this little informative post about me. Leave 3 random facts about yourself in the comments so I can get to know you as well!
Until next time